Home NAS Recommendations

Mon Jun 28 23:54:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 06:32:27PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>Is the eeebox too expensive to be a viable option?

I think so, because they are a bit hard to come by in the
Linux-installed config, and the comparable Revo is more expensive than I
need it to be because of the nVidia ION, which I don't need/want.

>Of course there is the Asus TS server
>http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=570_7_125&item_id=028911
>which I have no idea what is like.  Looks cute.

It does look cute, but it has a lower capacity drive than I need, and it
come with Windows.  I won't buy anything with Windows on it - I get
enough of that at work.
--

yours,

William