suspend-hybrid under ubuntu?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 22 15:30:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:44:27AM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> thanks lennart, not looking for uswsusp -- i use tuxonice instead,
> it's much cleaner and in my experience always superior.  i just want
> to be able to get at the underlying functionality through the
> gnome-power-manager interface.

Well unless the userspace interface provided by tuxonice works the same
as uswsusp, or acpid or gnome-power-manager or whatever is responsible
for handling the signals knows how to use tuxonice, it won't work.
So either create wrapper programs for tuxonice to make it look like the
normal supported stuff, or add tuxonice support to the other parts.

uswsusp works on my laptop with gnome, so it certainly does do what it
is supposed to.  tuxonice might not.  How about tuxonice2?  Of course
it requires kernel patching, which is just too much hassle.

--
Len Sorensen