suspend-hybrid under ubuntu?

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 22 14:34:01 UTC 2010

really this should go to the ubuntu ml but i really really don't want
to subscribe myself back to that monster list.  Does anyone know how
to get gnome-power-manager to offer suspend-hybrid as a suspend
option?  pm-utils (which is the backend for g-p-m) knows about hybrid
suspend and will trigger an event when pm-suspend-hybrid is called,
but I can't get g-p-m to do offer that option in the power menu, or as
an automatic funciton when e.g. the suspend button is pressed, laptop
lid is closed, or computer is idle.

i much prefer the hybrid option b/c there seem to be some bugs with th
suspend functionality on my machine and i'm tired of losing data...

much thanks as always,
matt