Questions re swap and hibernate interaction on 8 gig machine

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 21 22:53:04 UTC 2010

I have been running on flash ram drives now for over a year, and of course you can't have swap on that.
So I can atest to everything working fine without swap. Ram is cheap, so really no need for swap anymore.
Whats 8gb these days? 300-400$? Having said that, on a linux MID or smartphone, i'd guess that may be a
good place to still use it.

tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>