Opera Unite Web Server

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 19 14:47:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Gron Arthur <gron.arthur-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I like Opera's web server, but I found loading Opera is too large and
> cumbersome, is there another program similar to Opera's Unite?  I just
> want to use my home machine to host a few files without having to do
> too much configuring of my router and such.

I haven't used Unity yet (though I still plan to try it out) but if
you have a copy of Firefox (<= v3.5) then the Plain Old Webserver
plugin[1] might do what you want.  If you don't mind a little perl, I
also have a small webserver[2] that might also work.  (I use this to
serve files from my Android phone.)

Cheers,
- Scott.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3002/