MAME - The Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 16 17:51:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I just finished gutting and rebuilding an arcade cabinet with a linux-based
> MAME setup actually. Still trying to find an optimal front-end for a "no
> keyboarf no mouse" experience though

Cool.

Okay some questions:

- How did you get your arcade cabinet? If there is a shop (or shops)
in the GTA that sell used arcade machines suitable for conversion I
would love to include them on the GTALug MAME page.

- Where did you get parts to fix / refurbish your cabinet? Again
something for the Wiki...

- What sort of CPU are you using to drive the cabinet and how does it
perform on games from say the 1990s (ie: I would love to see advice on
how good (or bad) a machine you can use to drive a MAME system).

Colin.