MAME - The Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator.

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 15 16:59:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Ken Burtch <ken-8VyUGRzHQ8IsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> I like MAME but is it really GTALUG related?  I'll add some content after I
>> go see "The A-Team" this afternoon.
>
> On first principles, MAME is a major open source project that runs
> under Linux, so I have no trouble with this appearing on the GTALug
> wiki. I would like to see a GTALug MAME page in the same class as the
> MythTV page

I have no problem with mentioning it on the wiki.

For there to be more than "bare mention", I'd think there needs to be
some Toronto-specific matters of interest.  I notice that you've put
in some links to places around Toronto where one might find hardware
for this, which is a bit of extra justification.

I've made a few little changes:
- pointbacks between MythTV and MAME pages
- bit of reformatting
- pointer to wikipedia page on MAME

There's some risk of more material not really contributing much, and
encouraging "bit rot."  Adding *much* more isn't necessarily very
valuable, notably if it just duplicates documentation found elsewhere.
 But so far, so good!  And if there are big fans of MAME on this list,
there could conceivably be a bounty of material to be found, though I
suspect not terribly much.