suggestion on TLUG presentation

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 8 15:09:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Dave Germiquet wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'd like to know if anyone could do a presentation on the difference
> open source licenses available and a quick discussion about the
> benefits and cons of some of the majority ones.
>
> For example: Apache vs GPLv2 vs GPLv3.
>
> I find it hard wrapping my mind on it, and it would be good for people
> thinking of open sourcing their programs.

I'm actually preparing such a talk that includes information on OSS
licenses.  I hadn't planned to give it at GTALUG.  If there was interest I
would.

The talk is entitled "What is Open Source" and is intended to explain it
to businesses and others who are considering using OSS in their business
or releasing s/w under an OSS license.  It focuses on business aspects
such as ways that successful companies have made money out of OSS.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org		Linux counter ID #16440