php module management

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 3 01:50:45 UTC 2010

On 06/02/2010 06:56 PM, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> On 06/02/2010 06:43 PM, William Muriithi wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am wondering if there is a way on adding a php module without
>> necessarily compiling php from source.
>
> <http://pear.php.net/>
>
> Something like virtualenv, virtualenvwrapper, and pip in Python would be
> great for PHP.

Not sure what those are, but yeah, use pecl or pear to install from
php.net packages. Otherwise, have you looked closely at Remi's rpm
repository? http://rpms.famillecollet.com/

There's an rpm there for RHEL5 that works with Centos 5.x. Looks like
php-common and php-pdo are the packages you're after in the current
repository (which means PHP 5.3).

Jamon