php module management

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 2 22:43:22 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way on adding a php module without
necessarily compiling php from source. This is the situation, a
centos 5.3 and everything running on it is rpm. So I have a need to
use php-ctype, php-SQLite and php-tokenizer, which from what I can
tell are not in any of the repository available for Centos 5. It
however seem they were available during Centos 4 times, but for some
reason dropped during Red Hat 5 introduction

So, I have spend a substantial time googling for a gem/ruby like style
of adding a module without going to the operating system repository. I
am not getting any luck with this, and it look I will need to use
rpmbuild to make a php rpm with the above modules built in.  Would you
agree this is the only option on the table, or would you be aware of
another less involving method of modules management?

Regards,

William