solutions for archiving email

Myles Braithwaite me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 2 18:58:07 UTC 2010

I used Zoe[1] a long time ago but it doesn't look maintained any more
(last release was 1983). Mozilla's Raindrop[2] project is really cool.
I have it installed on my server at home and it archives all my mail.
But has limited searching capabilities (right now) which is a big down
side in any archiver.

.. 1: http://sourceforge.net/projects/zoe/
.. 2: https://mozillalabs.com/raindrop

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Dave Cramer <davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'd prefer to archive incoming and outgoing emails as they arrive or leave.
>
> Dave
>
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Eric Battersby <gyre-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Dave Cramer wrote:
>>
>>> What is available to archive sent and received email?
>>

>> What type of email?
>> Local mbox files?
>> Remote free email stored on servers, like Yahoo or Gmail?
>>
>> Also, be aware of programs like G-Archiver which "stole"
>> gmail usernames and passwords.
>>
>> --
>> Eric B.
>> --