Is there, in fact, a Linux training market out there?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 1 04:20:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, 31 May 2010, William Park wrote:

> This thread illustrates the importance of "sales and marketing",
> something that we tech guys scoff at, probably because we're not good
> at it.  We need Bill Gates.

Actually I don't think it is about whether or not we're good at it[1],
it's that it's less likely to effect us, in general[2].  In extrapolating
this to the rest of society we underestimate the value of "sales and
marketing"[3].

[1] It seems that I _am_ actually good at it.  I've done a lot of
consulting work and opening up new opportunities is an important part of
that.

[2] People who engage in non-mainstream activities tend to be free
thinkers and more questioning, in general.

[3] Naturally I'm stating this only as a general trend.

Enough footnotes for now I think.

Cheers,

Rob

--