installing Ubuntu (et al) to /dev/sda9

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 30 22:05:02 UTC 2010

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 into /dev/sda9 (or, any logical
partition).  Problem is that Grub doesn't get installed into /dev/sda9.
Is this normal?

I can do it with Slackware (lilo), Fedora (grub), OpenSUSE (grub), but
not with Ubuntu (grub), Mint (grub), or MEPIS (grub).  I really prefer
to install the boot loader in the root partition, so that each partition
is independent and doesn't need to know what's on other partitions.

--
William