Does Sun JDK have 64 bit binaries?

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 30 20:31:55 UTC 2010

>Any particular reason why you can't use OpenJDK/IcedTea?

Good question, I always prefer to use GCJ and has actually already
attempted using it, but it looks like every java developer out there
always check for Sun VM.  Not sure why, but its really annoying.
Hopefully, some day this will change

On 30 July 2010 16:14, Jon VanAlten <vanaltj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>> You'll know if you installed the 64-bit version when you run the JRE without any
>> options (i.e. java) and it's usage indicates that the following options can be
>> used:
>>

> This reminds me.  You can also run "java -version" to get detailed
> information about what is running.
Ah, thanks.  It does show you can run both 32 and 64.  Thanks for advice

Regards

William