scared to close OpenOffice

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 29 23:35:20 UTC 2010

OpenOffice recovery seems to be out of whack. It's always worked well
for me. We seem to get a lot of short power outages in Timmins. I am
grateful on cold booting to see OpenOffice offer to recover files that
were open. Until recently...

Twice now after closing files then closing OpenOffice, upon reopening
OpenOffice I am offered a restore of a couple of files. I accept this
then it saves an earlier version of the file. It's good that I had done
a backup to my USB terabyte drive. I restored a critical file from
there. There is no reboot involved here - just reopening OpenOffice.

I'm scared to close Openoffice now.

What to do?