Some Free Stuff

Jon vanaltj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 24 02:57:59 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've got a handful of computery items to get rid of before moving at
the end of the month that may or may not be of interest to some of
you, thought I'd post here before simply recycling.  One man's trash
is another's treasure.

A complete desktop computer (tower, not accessories).  It is old, but
functional.  AMD Athlon XP 2600+ processor (1.15 Ghz), 512 MB RAM,
some sort of low to midrange Asus mobo from that era, CD-rom (no dvd
or burner).  It has a graphics card in it, don't remember what but
it's AGP.  80GB IDE hard drive.  Don't remember how many watts the PSU
or the brand but it was a cheap unit that we always kept in stock at
the repair shop I used to work at because we'd never seen one die.
Seriously, none of these failed in about 2 years that I was working
there.  The case is sort of cheap too but it held up, has side window
and at one point I installed one of those silly light systems that
blinks fluorescent green in response to sound.  I'd keep this as some
sort of server but I am moving across the country and so it's not
worth shipping.

DDR2 SODIMM, 512MB at 667MHz, don't remember what it came out of but it
seems to be SIS and reads SSX264MB-J6E

2x256MB SODIMM ram sticks that came out of my old mac mini when I
upgraded it, hynix brand HYMP532S64BP6-Y5 AB

ATI RF media remote with USB dongle

An old P4 3.0 Ghz chip.  I forget the old socket numbers but it's from
when the pins were still on the processor instead of the motherboard.
This thing hasn't been stored properly at all, no idea if it works but
I don't see any bent pins.

Linksys WPC11 ver4 wireless B notebook adapter, although if anyone
wants it I will give a severe "look of disapproval" for still having a
B network.

Palm Tungsten E.  This old PDA is sort of interesting, because as I
recall there was a project that actually got some form of linux
installed on it.  I still have charger cradle for it.

So if you want any or all of this stuff, I'm at Yonge and Davisville.
Email me offlist and we'll figure something out for no later than next
Friday.

cheers,

jon