The Best Keyboard Ever - $8.99

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 19 12:52:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Fabio FZero <fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 17:32, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> (snip)
>> My personal preference is the Microsoft "natural" keyboards. They look
>> ugly as @#$% but they are VERY comfortable to type on. For
>> day-in/day-out typing I'll take comfort over looks (though the above
>> keyboard does look nice)...
>
> Microsoft should stick to making keyboards and mice, really. :-)

In terms of build quality Microsoft seems to do well on PC peripherals
in general (not just keyboards/mice) and for what ever reason(s) they
show up periodically at very reasonable prices at the usual
College/Spadina suspects :-) .

To repeat what I've noted before, anyone who is interested in Open
Street Map (http://www.openstreetmap.org/) should look at getting an
old copy of Microsoft's "Streets and Trips with GPS Locator", which
show up from time to time very inexpensively at the College/Spadina
shops. Toss the enclosed software and keep the GPS locator. The
locators were built for Microsoft by a company called Pharos, and are
well supported under Linux. Most of the GPS tracks in/near the town of
Perth, Ontario (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.9016&lon=-76.2515&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF)
were collected by a Microsoft labeled GPS locator on the front
dashboard of my mother's car and a Linux laptop in the front passenger
seat :-) .

Likewise some of the Microsoft game pads/joysticks seem quite good...

When the anti-trust case was on against Microsoft, I would have been
happy if Microsoft had been turned into a straight hardware company
:-) .

Colin.