QEMU-KVM video slow

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 19 00:39:27 UTC 2010

  I've managed to get a 32-bit Gentoo linux run^H^H^H crawling in QEMU
on a 64-bit Gentoo host OS.  The "text console" video scrolling is
painfully slow.  Anybody here familiar with QEMU-KVM?  My questions...
1) how to speed up its video?
2) how do I enable cut-n-paste between guest and host
3) how do I turn off the "screensaver"?  Normally that's a good feature,
   but not for a Window under X <G>

  I'll be using it mainly for running one antenna-modelling Windows app
under WINE.  I built 64-bit Gentoo on the host without optional 32-bit
support libraries.  Then I found out that WINE does not run in 64-bit
linux without 32-bit support... oops.  It would take a complete
re-install of Gentoo to build with 32-bit support in 64-bit mode.  I
decided that it was less painfull to do a 32-bit Gentoo install in
qemu-kvm, and run WINE in there.

  While we're at it, are there any end-user mailing lists or user groups
for QEMU-KVM?