how would you spend $1000 on a server?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 15 15:43:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:00:53AM -0400, Mark Lane wrote:
> If you want a good UPS, I would suggest EATON's Powerware Products.
> Definitely Server Grade and produce pure sine waves. They even have
> consumer grade UPSes but they don't market them well.
> From Experience PowerWare Batteries last longer than APCs.
>
> http://powerquality.eaton.com/canada/

Well their "consumer" models are useless of course.  The server grade
looks decent.  Seems the retail price is a bit lower than a similar APC
model as well.  greytech lists the PW5115 1400VA at just under $500
which isn't too bad.  An APC SU1500 is usually closer to $600 or $700
(except when Dell had their occational $200 sale, which is how I got
mine).

There are some cheaper cyberpower models that claim pure sine wave output,
but I am not sure about their quality at all.

--
Len Sorensen