Running 2 ssh servers?

Tue Jul 13 03:34:45 UTC 2010

I decided to get a WD MyBook as a home NAS, and it works, and through
the good people at nslu2 and here [1], I've installed a nice set of
'real' software on the machine.

Most things I need are working fine, save one.  The ssh that is
installed by default is ancient and doesn't behave like the modern ssh
daemon.  What I'd like to do is leave the default ssh running on port 22
(so I can't accidentally lock myself out of the box (tiresome)) and run
the modern version on another port.

The problem is, I don't know how to set up new scripts in /etc/init.d
This machine uses the convention of S$$daemon as the script names in
/etc/init.d, if that helps.

Also, if there are services I don't want to run, can I change the "S" to
a "K"?

Thanks.

[1] http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/optware
--