Linux training opportunity in Toronto

Robert P. J. Day rpjday-L09J2beyid0N/H6P543EQg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 6 13:39:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010, Terry Tanski wrote:

> On 7/6/2010 9:15 AM, Fernando Duran wrote:
> >
> > There was a recent thread about (the lack of) Linux training
> > opportunities in Toronto. I just turned down one such opportunity
> > because of the commute.
> >
> > It's for basic Red Hat system administration, something
> > like
> > http://www.exitcertified.ca/red-hat-training/red-hat-linux-system-administration-RH131.html
> >
> > Send me a line those interested and I'll forward it to the person in charge.
>
> I'm definately interested depending on the location. Can you provide
> more details?

  at the risk of blatant self-promotion :-), if you can put together a
group as small as 3 who want to take such a course, i could probably
deliver an equivalent course at considerably less expense.  in fact, i
did *exactly* that last fall for a local training provider who used
this courseware:

http://elementkcourseware.com/searchresults?p_p_id=ekportal2searchresults_WAR_ekportal2&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-8&p_p_col_count=1&_ekportal2searchresults_WAR_ekportal2__spage=%2Fportlet_action%2Fekportal2%2Fcatalog%2FproductInfo%2Faction%3Fid%3D60E60282AA583D8FE040007F01004A2B&_ekportal2searchresults_WAR_ekportal2_id=60E60282AA583D8FE040007F01004A2B

  if you compare, the outlines are fairly similar, the course was
advertised as a RHEL course, and the students were, without exception,
satisfied.

  so if any of you folks are seriously looking for linux-related
training and you think you can organize a small group of interested
students on your own, drop me a note.  i can definitely save you some
$$$.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca