Creating My DVD Movie Database

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 4 03:35:18 UTC 2010

why not use sqlite?
that way you can drop it down and run it anywhere and not have to worry about setup/admin of a db-server.
this is the type of thing sqlite is perfect for.

you also don't have to worry about table design for purpose of speed, as with that few records
(even if you expanded on it greatly), all your queries will be instant, as it will all cache in ram.

tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>