Any Google Chrome/Chromium or Opera experiences/reviews?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 4 02:24:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 01:53:17PM -0400, Howard Gibson wrote

> You can always run Epiphany or Galeon.  These are Gekko based
> browsers, effectively making them stripped down versions of Firefox.

waltdnes at i3 ~ $ USE="gtk python" emerge -pv epiphany
[...major snippage...]
Total: 48 packages (45 new, 2 in new slots, 1 reinstall), Size of
downloads: 44,970 kB

waltdnes at i3 ~ $ USE="python" emerge -pv galeon
[...major snippage...]
Total: 32 packages (29 new, 2 in new slots, 1 reinstall), Size of
downloads: 32,771 kB

  epiphany/galeon dependancies insisted on those specific USE flags.
And galeon will not build without dbus, which I have so far kept off my
system, along with pam and hal.  But that'a another rant.

  One thing about Gentoo, at least you're never stuck in
RPM-dependancy-hell.  Portage will build whatever dlls you need.  And
you also get to see just how much there is.