Any Google Chrome/Chromium or Opera experiences/reviews?

waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 3 02:50:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 11:43:27AM -0400, Giles Orr wrote

> Given the origin of your complaints, you might be interested in uzbl
> (http://www.uzbl.org/).

<ELVIS>
Thank you, thank you, thank you verrry verrry much
</ELVIS>

  This is exactly what I would've done if I had the C programming
knowledge and had started from scratch.  I'm at home with bash (think of
sh as a crippled version of sh) and I've seen Python tutorials, and it
looks rather simple.

  Even nicer is that a Gentoo ebuild is available.  The "kitchen sink"
version, including gstreamer and tabbed windows, downloads 45,031 kB of
source.  In comparison, my /usr/portage/distfiles shows that Firefox
requires *AT LEAST*...

47,493 kB for the firefox tarball
49,886 kB for the xulrunner tarball
 1,500 kB for the pango tarball
 1,168 kB for the nspr (NetScape Portable Runtime)
 1,387 kB for SQLite

  And then there's hunspell, and a language dictionary, and a gazillion
other dependancies.  I like what I see so far.