Sharing Partitions

john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 30 18:19:22 UTC 2010

I'm about to re-arrange the partitions on my main dual boot PC. I have already shrunk the Vista NTFS partition with gparted (no problems), just need to do redo the linux side of things.

I intend to have two or three distros installed and would like to share as many partitions as possible. /home is a natural one to share and I figure that /opt and /usr/local should also be OK. Those are the main ones I'd like to make common to all. I was also wondering about /var (or at least /var/log). Would that be OK to share amongst the distros? I'm thinking /var may cause problems with package management? Any other possibilities?

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated.

John.