GCC question

bob 295 icanprogram-sKcZck+fQKg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 27 13:04:11 UTC 2010

I've been trying to cross compile some code for an ARM compliant processor
(http://www.plugcomputer.org).     The supplied tools seem to work for "hello
world" and the various libraries.    All I did was to override the CC in my
makefiles with the new path to the cross compiler (gcc).  However,  one of my
modules includes <sys/wait.h> and the cross compile toolchain can't find it.
My question is since I didn't change anything in the way of environment
variables and I didn't run anything like .config or make config,  how does
this new gcc "know" to look in different places for the headers?  ie.
sys/wait.h does exist on my box.

Thanks in advance for your help.

bob