"linuxy" smartphones

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 25 21:33:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Interestingly, it appears that Nexus One and Nokia N900 are
> two notable phones (to Linux folk!)

Well, Nexus One probably a bit less notable, Linux-wise. Not too
much Linux beyond its kernel, isn't it?

> which would, at this point, *only* work "optimally" in Canada
> on the Wind network.

Just proof that US & Canada decission to be different than the
rest of the world can be detrimental to technology development
and adoption.

> Not all quite ready for prime time yet, methinks (true for all
> of Wind, Nexus One, N900), but it could be very interesting,
> once the technologies & networks stabilize a bit more...

More ready outside North America. :-) But I guess eventually
they may develop multi-band HSPA-ready phones.

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/

** Happy New Year! Felix dies Nativitatis! http://advent2009.com/ **