How do I restore a broken Vista Partition without breaking Linux?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 23 03:52:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, jim wrote:
> If I put my recovery disk in it warns that it will wipe all
> partitions. Is there any way to use the recovery disk without
> losing my Linux partition? ( note that it is a recovery disk
> from ASUS so not a complete Vista Disk)

I guess you don't have any spare HD to which you can backup your
Linux partition?

> I'm considering just getting Windows 7 and be done with Vista.

Might works, in my experience MS Windows installation disk
allows you to install in a particular partition, not wiping the
whole disk. That said, my last MS Windows I had experience
installing is XP.

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/