Seeking embedded Linux developer

Erik L erik_list-etARiVBfTZtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 23 01:26:29 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

We (Caneris) are looking for someone to make an existing embedded Linux distro production-ready on hardware on which it currently doesn't run.

I haven't specified the hardware, software, or context, so I realize that's probably as vague as one can get, but that's intentional. There may be assembly coding required and drivers will have to be written/modified for sure. Strong knowledge of networking is a must, including specifically Ethernet and VLANs/802.1q ("strong knowledge" here means in the context of being able to write/modify a driver). Previous Linux dev experience with embedded devices required - i.e. substantial hardware background. This will be a short-term contract project, with an immediate start date.

If you have previous relevant experience or know someone who does, I'd appreciate replies off-list.

Thanks

--
Erik
*** Remove the _list part in my e-mail address to reply. ***