Skype 64-bit available

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 22 14:20:30 UTC 2010

FYI,

I know it's not the most popular app among those that want to maintain
sane network configurations, but I thought I'd take note for those
that have been dealing with the "I have a 64-bit OS and have to
force-install this bloody 32-bit app" issues.

Last time I checked skype only had a 32-bit app. Now it appears that
sometime over (the last several months) they've finally released a
64-bit installer. So that's one less app in the waiting-line. The only
one that come to mind that are still an issue for me these days is
flash, but they do have the 64-bit "alpha" release which actually well
enough on 'nix anyhow.

Any other useful/semi-needed apps still stuck in 32-bit-land?