A Guitar Powered By Linux

Michael Lauzon mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 19 15:57:08 UTC 2010

You've got to see it to believe it, here's a little excertp:

"I  am obsessed with digital guitar. But I also love electric guitar,
and I have learned what it's good at and what it's capable of. Some of
its most important qualities and characteristics stem from the very
fact that the electric guitar is made out of wood and strings. A
guitar string is "beautiful" - because the sound generated comes from
the very vibration of the string, interfering with a magnetic flux and
inducing an electric voltage, which is then amplified. Why would you
want to emulate that? It is perfection. It is pure nature. It is in
the analog domain. I did not intend the Misa digital guitar to
replicate a traditional guitar."

http://www.misadigital.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2eiP12hQQY

--