Attack On Google & Adobe

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 18 16:44:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM,  <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> http://messagent.itworldcanada.com/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=w4vw30jMiqHwa9d9VIFf91NheSUxL60ccufLLm0w5CnYP7f2I
>
> I guess my first question should be: how to break up a long url properly?

Often I'll just list the full url and provide a shortened URL nearby
(see below).

> I thought I heard MS admitting to being at fault, but does anyone know if
> the attack on Google was strictly a MS Windows problem or would it also have
> been an issue with Linux or Mac OSX?

Wired's ThreatLevel did a piece on it a few days ago; it's been
updated with a link to an advisory from Microsoft that describes
affected platforms:

  http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/01/hack-of-adob/
  or http://bit.ly/8RoyUv

  http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/979352.mspx
  or http://bit.ly/8oURnJ

Also, ReadWriteWeb did an article outlining the position of the German
Government:

  http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/german_governments_warns_citizens_not_to_use_internet_explorer.php
  or http://bit.ly/76XgsL

--