Notebooks on Linux

Daniel Armstrong daniel-r35aSzp7v8jQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 18 00:38:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Renata Rocha <natzilla-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to buy a small (about 12" or below) notebook when I
> arrive in Canada. This is supposed to be a real notebook, not a
> netbook (or at least a netbook with a very good processor, I need
> something nice to be my main PC)

Hi Renata... I don't own one... but this 11.6" Acer AS1410 laptop
looks interesting and I think a pretty good deal at $450US:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-AS1410-2990-11-6-Inch-Notebook/dp/B0031ESJ3W/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263774255&sr=8-11

Note that this particular model has the Intel dual-core su2300...
which are becoming quite hard to find. Most of the AS1410 models use
the single core su3500.

There are some reviews of earlier models floating around the net and I
think the hardware should be well-supported under Linux.

Oh... and I *do* own a EEE 900... same as you. :-)

Daniel