7 Best Linux Apps for Ripping CDs and DVDs

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 15 14:37:29 UTC 2010

I previously had good luck with "k9copy," but lately it's been doing
weird things when ripping my DVD's to Xvid, like desyncing the sound
etc. Thus far I've tried via both the FFMpeg and Mplayer methods and I
can't figure out what's different.

Anyone else run into this?

- Tyler

p.s. Dear MPAA, I own the DVD's, so I can rip 'em if I want to.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Found this article on MaximumPC.com, the turncoats who obviously got
> paid by MS to shut down their Linux magazine Maximum Linux all those
> years ago:
>
> "Ripping a CD or DVD is one of the most basic tasks for a PC user. But
> you need the right tools if you want to automate the process. Current
> ripping programs incorporate video encoding, tagging, and subtitles
> management. There's no single app that will do everything, so here are
> our picks for the best Linux apps for ripping audio CDs and video
> DVDs."
>
> http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/7_best_linux_apps_ripping_cds_and_dvds
>
> --
> Sincerely,