setting up a mail server

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 13 17:42:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM, CLIFFORD ILKAY
<clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 01/13/2010 12:13 PM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
>>
>> Guys I want to setup an internal only mail server for testing, does
>> ubuntu come preinstalled with one and what do I need to do to get
>> going? I don't want it to interfere with an external mail server I am
>> using to send and read mail.
>>
>> How do I set things up so that test emails for inside my LAN don't go
>> outside?
>
> <http://www.twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-June/004624.html>

Just a quick note - the docs for fake_SMTP_server are a bit out of
date; you still need the python-twisted package but it's not at the
location specified in INSTALL.

If you're on Ubuntu or Debian you can grab it with "apt-get install
python-twisted"

For other distributions and OS's check
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads

--