Keyboards - Availability in Canada

Renata Rocha natzilla-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 13 02:37:40 UTC 2010

Now I'm curious: what's the Canadian default keyboard layout? US?

I use us_intl in my netbook, but they are becoming extinct in Brazil.
You only find ABNT2 layouts - and I absolutely hate them. But I need
to use them at my workplace, and, have to admit, it's easier to write
in pt_BR under GTK using them, because of GTK's bizarre cedilla
default configuration. If you have a international keyboard and  don't
get GTK manually configured,  typing c + '  returns a weird
eastern-european character, not a ç. I really don't know their
argument as Portuguese is in the top 10 of most spoken languages of
the world. I wonder how many people are annoyed everyday.

I may have a DE keyboard at my mom's (she bought for me in Germany
just because of the eszet), but she lives in Rio de Janeiro. If it's
still there, it's totally new.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 19:16, Slack Rat <slacker-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Are say FR, DE, FR (not CF) etc  keyboards generally available in Canada
> without the prices being $megabuckz ?
>
> Or is there a keyboard marketed that would give all of the required
> characters ?
>
> Currently I swap in and out as required although this is a drag as X
> needs to be reconfigured and resterted each time
>
> --
> Slackrat

Renata Rocha
http://renata.org