Keyboards - Availability in Canada

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 12 21:40:04 UTC 2010

On 1/12/10, Slack Rat <slacker-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Are say FR, DE, FR (not CF) etc  keyboards generally available in Canada
> without the prices being $megabuckz ?

Generally available? No, period. I'm involved in a group that
refurbishes old PCs, installs Linux and then gives the machines away
to those who could not afford any sort of PC. A significant percentage
of the people we deal with have something other than English as their
first language, so we have looked for a source of inexpensive
non-English keyboards. French-Canadian keyboards, in Toronto are a bit
of a pain to get, but can be found. Spanish keyboards are a pain to
get, but can be ordered. Other keyboards ... as far as I know, basicly
forget it...

I would love to be shown wrong on the above as I would love to know
about an easy  local source of inexpensive keyboards, especially in
the following languages:

- Persian
- Spanish
- Tamil