rapidshire - is legal?

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 11 20:46:52 UTC 2010

They offer two kinds of services - a free one that seldom works and a
paid one which I never try.

Through their web site one can download a huge number of, for instance,
books (in PDF format). They have also a lot of software (e.g. right now
I saw MatLab). Most of the books are certainly allowed to be
distributed. In some cases this is not so obvious, though. They I am
sure have also videos (probably porno, too) but I did not care to check
for that kind of stuff.

Well... for myself only, I would not mind so much to download software
just to try, even when it might be not entirely obvious if this is fully
legal. However, I can not use a possibly illegal software in my work.

Therefore, I wonder if anyone here is able to advise on legality of
their service. For a rather small payment one could get tons of
gigabytes of data from them. Their payments network is very broad, so I
just wonder how all this works?

zb.