kubuntu 9.10 dual monitor setup

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 6 02:59:34 UTC 2010

So it looks like the vid card on my mobo was not liked by kubuntu 9.10
(NVIDIA Geforce7050PV/nForce 630a)

I just got my new video card also a nvidia 9500 GT to setup dual
monitors. i was able to get kubuntu 9.10 installed and currently
updating the base

the video card has 2 dvi output to support dual monitors, one one i am
using a vga adaptor.

i can't seem to get dual monitor to work? from system settings ->
monitor, i see 2 vid output one is DVI0, the other is VGA2 which seems
correct because these are the two monitors i have plugged in

what's odd is i can set up different screen resolution for each
monitor, but I only see one desktop, both monitors show the same
desktop.

how do i get each monitor to show it's own desktop?

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

http://DevMentor.org

Do Good! - Share Freely, Enrich and Empower people to Transform their lives.