"linuxy" smartphones

Dan Thomson thomson.dan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 4 22:31:44 UTC 2010

I got one recently. One of my coworkers mentioned that he heard HTC's code
is buggy (HTC tacked on some improvements to Android) but I don't have a
whole lot of evidence to back that up.

In the past few weeks I've noticed a problem crossing the border. I couldn't
register on American carriers without shutting the phone off and on again. I
also had the photo app crash once, which isn't terrible. Oh, and the 5MP
camera seems over sensitive to movement and is pretty terrible in the dark.

That aside, I'm enjoying it, but I probably haven't really put it through
its paces. I think the Droid/Milestone looks pretty cool, but it isn't
available in Canada yet.

Dan Thomson