Installing ubuntu 9.10 -- some problems

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 4 21:25:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Paul King <sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The download of the ISO went OK, the binary was burned to DVD, and it checked
> out. I booted into it and noticed:
>
> 1. graphical interface doesn't work (kernel panics and it can't find my main
> hard drive)

I am seeing similar problems with the LiveCD, on my box, however I am
able to bootup and make it to the 1st screen that asks to select a
language. After this point my screen gets really messed up and I see
vertical green bars. I also was getting a lot of SR0 errors not sure
why?

I was able to use the same CD to install on my laptop, which is an
older pc and its now running 9.10 without and issues.

Some improvement were made with the install cd, because when it first
came, i could not even install 9.10 on my laptop. I did another
download and burned a 2nd cd, will trying to reinstall on my box
tonight.

I don't think the install CD is up to par and I would report any
issues. I posted comment about my problem on the forum but I think I
will need to log a bug tonight after another go at it with the new CD.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

http://DevMentor.org

Do Good! - Share Freely, Enrich and Empower people to Transform their lives.