From another group: Help save MySQL

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 3 17:26:45 UTC 2010

| From: Dave Cramer <davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org>

| Perhaps he should have considered this *before* he took their money.

I never felt comfortable with the dual-license model.  Both Asterix
and MySQL are problematic.  But I do understand why the developers
decided to do this.

The threat Monty identifies comes out of the dual license model.

The threat also comes out of the nature of competition and monopolies.
I don't think that Oracle should be able to buy MySQL to reduce
competition.  The incentives for Oracle just work the wrong way for
MySQL users and contributors.

I cannot sign the petition since I don't use MySQL for profesionally.
People I trust recommend PostgreSQL over MySQL and I like its license
better.