dual booting

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 2 20:38:41 UTC 2010

> From: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
>
> Why do I have multiple Linux installations?  Because I almost never
> upgrade an installation -- I create a parallel installation of the
> newer version.  Then, if the new one is unsatisfactory, I can still
> run the old one.

I have bunch of partitions with various Linux distros, but that's just for
trying out hardware/software stuffs, most recently Wireless PCI cards.

NOTE:  If your wireless is not working in 2.6.32.x, then turn the power
management off!  I don't know why, because it works in 2.6.31.x.

Now, I'm playing with VirtualBox (www.virtualbox.org).  God, it's slow...
My cpu is single-core AMD64 2.4GHz (LE-1620, 45W), but it can't this slow.

--William