dual booting

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 1 20:10:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 09:41:46AM -0500, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> I really didn't want to install windows, but unfortunately my trading
> platform only runs on windows so I need access to it on my laptop. I
> maybe give virtualbox a try first and see it I can live with the lag.

kvm, kqemu, etc.  Lots of good options.  Not having to reboot to run
an application is rather handy, and booting a virtual machine is often
faster than booting on the hardware itself.

> I know how to add the window partition to grub following what I have on
> my box which I can dual boot, my question should have been how to
> reinstall grub only from the live CD.

Well the livecd should let you mount the HD and chroot to it to install
the bootloader to the MBR again.

--
Len Sorensen