dual booting

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 1 05:43:32 UTC 2010

This is one area where Windows/DOS does it right.  Bootloader in MBR just
looks for active partition, and boots from that partition.  So, install your Linux
boot loader in its own partition (say, /dev/sda2 or /dev/sdb1).  Of course,
Windows and Linux on separate harddisk is the easiest way.  You can then
choose which harddisk from BIOS boot menu.

--William