best place to buy laptop?

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 26 03:42:56 UTC 2010

Someone asked me about what laptop to buy, and I don't know laptops,
so I checked here :-)

Going through the 'laptop recommendation' threads, I saw that Lennart
was very keen on Lenovo and also Asus, esp with the Core 2 Duo, so
that's what I recommended. However, one thing I'm not sure of at all
is what is the best way to buy one.

Are the best deals online? To my thinking, it's more likely you are
going to get _exactly_ what you want if you order online, as opposed
to buying whatever Store X has in stock, but does anyone have any
experiences with this?

--
TBM