job schedulling

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 24 16:20:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Jose wrote:
> I am looking for something that would communicate with
> different OSes, like Solaris and HP-UX or Windows (Gulp), and
> maintain a chain of events, like if this job runs or not the
> dependent jobs would continue or not, something like that.

Distributed job scheduler that works with M$ Windows, that smell
money. :-) In my previous job they use CA Autosys, it does what
you described. Not sure how much, though.

But looking to Wikipedia a bit, there are several open source
solution you may want to take a look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Source_Job_Scheduler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TORQUE_Resource_Manager
http://www.taskforest.com/

More job schedulers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_scheduler#Implementations

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/

** Xinnian Kuaile! 新年快樂 Gongxi Facai! 恭喜發財 **