PulseAudio

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 22 22:37:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:48:15PM -0800, Thomas Milne wrote:
>> Sitting at the machine now. In the sound prefs (the speaker icon in
>> the panel) it does show the sound card and even will show what
>> application is using it and so on, but still no sound. I'm not sure
>> what to check to see if the correct 'profile' is being used, but
>> nothing appears to be muted anywhere.
>>
>> I'm not sure how to see if the daemon is running, it doesn't respond
>> the way I'm used to:
>
> Well run alsamixer, and check that master and front are turned up and
> not muted.  intel hda that I have seen tend to have a front slider that
> has to be turned up to work.

Checked that now, and still no sound after maxing everything. I've
tried every available jack as well, even the microphone jack, nothing.
This is very frustrating. Everything appears normal as far as what
Ubuntu is showing. Even the sound prefs will show the applications
playing sound and what plugin they're using. I've tried changing all
kinds of settings in the sound prefs, from duplex to normal to
headphone to etc etc.

--
TBM