OT: Toronto street lights sale

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 22 17:58:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:31 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> As far as I've noticed (i.e. not at all), Toronto Hydro's plan for
> WI-FI coverage has not really caught on.  Anybody know?

There were stories around the time of the creation of the One Zone
that it was a side-effect of plans for smart-meters.

<http://www.torontohydro.com/sites/electricsystem/residential/smartmeters/Pages/HowSmartMetersWork.aspx>

What I dont understand is why they haven't expanded the service...
I'm in the zone and the signal is so weak I can't use it.  I called
them about it and although they said they'd do something, it's been
easily 9 months and nothing has happened.

The whole thing seems half-hearted.

-Mike