OT best bluetooth speakerphone, or headset

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 19 23:51:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Digimer <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Dave Cramer wrote:
>>
>> Anyone have an opinion on bluetooth headsets or speakerphones ?
>>
>> So far jawbone, and blueant seem to be the most popular
>>
>> Dave
>
> I've been quite happy with my Motorola H710. I got is specifically because I
> was looking for a headset that could bind to my laptop and phone at the same
> time.
>
> It has decent battery life and it's never turned on by accident before. This
> is thanks to the fact that the mic flips out in order to start it up. It
> also uses a generic (new style) USB connector for charging. I've charged it
> off my laptop using my mouse's cable before. :P
>
> Oh, and the range on this thing is crazy. I've used it up two rooms away
> from the host device before, though it does start to degrade at that
> distance.
>
> The only downside, and I think this may be pretty universal, is that wind
> noise is picked up pretty loudly. However, cupping my hand over the mic
> solves that.
>
> Madi

My co-worker had one of those. I believe. The only major issue I could
suggest is that eventually the little hinge gets a little boom flips
out gets worn (much like flip-phones) and can come loose or break if
you're not careful.

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

“Even enemies will help each other if they are together on a boat that
is in trouble. ” – Sun Tzu